Building Blocks was founded with a passion to empower parents, educators and specialists to work collaboratively and help children build strong early communication skills. It is our mission to unite best practices in speech-language pathology and early childhood education, provide evidence-based assessment and intervention services, and engage in education and training with parents and professionals.
About | Sarah Holden, M.S., CCC-SLP
Sarah received her bachelors and masters degrees in speech-language pathology at the University of Missouri-Columbia and Fontbonne University in St. Louis, Missouri, respectively. She has worked as a speech-language pathologist in wide array of settings around the Washington, D.C. area. Sarah began her career as a Speech-Language Pathologist in a private practice located in Chevy Chase, Maryland, where she provided individual therapy for children and adults. She also provided group, individual and classroom-based speech, language and literacy services at The River School in Washingon D.C. and The Summit School, near Annapolis, Maryland. These schools offer unique, push-in services for children who are deaf and children with dyslexia and language-based learning disabilities. As a classroom-based Speech-Language Pathologist, Sarah worked to provide language and literacy therapy services in the classroom and co-taught across the curriculum.
Most recently, Sarah worked as a Pediatric Speech and Language Clinical Supervisor in the Department of Speech & Hearing Sciences at The George Washington University. While at GW, she engaged in graduate level clinical instruction with speech-language pathology students and supervised pediatric therapy sessions at The George Washington University Speech & Hearing Center.
Sarah founded Building Blocks in 2013 and is dedicated to ensuring that all children have access to the resources, early educational opportunities, and support they need to reach their potential. She currently lives in Annapolis with her husband, Brian, and their two children, Isabella and Noah.
Certification & Licensure
- Certificate of Clinical Competence, American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- Maryland License in Speech-Language Pathology
- The Greenspan Floortime Approach™ Professional Course
- Wee Hands™ Sign Language For Infants, Toddlers & Preschoolers
- Visualizing and Verbalizing (V/V®) for Language Comprehension & Thinking, Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes
- Phono-Graphix® Certification, Read America!
- EmPOWER Method for Teaching Expository Writing, Architects For Learning®
- PROMPT© (Prompts For Restructuring Oral Muscular Phonetic Targets), The PROMPT© Institute
To learn more about our services and find out if we are the right fit for your child’s needs, contact us at email@example.com.