Building Blocks offers the following private, individual and group pediatric therapy services in Annapolis area homes and schools:
A quick assessment of speech, language and early literacy skills to determine if a comprehensive diagnostic evaluation is recommended. Typically involves one, 15 to 20- minute, one-on-one session with the Speech-Language Pathologist and may include classroom or play observation and a brief conversation with your child’s teacher if needed.
A comprehensive diagnostic evaluation of a child’s speech, language, social communication and literacy skills to determine the need for intervention. Diagnostic evaluations typically require 3 to 4, 45-60 minute, one-on-one sessions with the Speech-Language Pathologist, depending on the age and learning needs of the child. Following the completion of the assessment, diagnostic evaluations include a written report with results and recommendations for parents and educators.
Individual, parent-child, and group therapy services in Annapolis area homes and schools for:
- Language delays
- Language disorders
- Speech disorders
- Language-based learning disabilities
- Difficulty with phonological awareness & early literacy
- Written language disorders
Education and Training
Education, training and workshops uniquely tailored to help parents and professionals learn more about topics such as:
- Typical speech, language and literacy development
- How to support a child’s language and literacy development through play and daily routines
Collaboration and Consultation
Working with families, educators, and specialists to provide:
- Informal observation of a child at home & in school
- Family support & advocacy during Individual Family Service Plan (IFSP) and Individualized Education Program (IEP) meetings
- Educational planning
- Language and literacy curriculum development
To learn more about our services and inquire about current availability, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.